If you are planning to unveil the mysterious tourist locations or structures in India, you should not forget visiting at one of the most popular world heritage sites called Hampi....
If you want to unveil the beauty and mystery of top 10 archaeological sites in India, you should not forget visiting at Champaner pavagadh or pavagarh archaeological park. This amazing park is located only 50km far from Baroda district in Gujarat. At the natural foothill of famous Pavagarh hill, the site can be witnessed. The famous Pavagadh hill in the Indian state Gujarat is composed of reddish and yellow colored stone formation. It is considered among the oldest Indian rock formations. The total height of the hill is about 800 meters from the sea level.Pavagarh hill was a very popular Hindu citadel under the famous Solanki kings of state Gujarat. After the Solanki kings, Khichi Chauhans ruled here. In the year of 1484, King Mahmud Begarah invaded the fortress and took its possession. He renamed the fort as Muhammadabad. Now, these historical monuments are situated on the local Mauliya plateau, which can be found on the hill. The oldest temple here is considered to be constructed during 10th to 11th century. This temple is devoted to Lakulisa. There is only Gudhamandapa as well as Antarala is available. Some of the other ancient temples belong to Jaina and Hindu sects. These temples were constructed during 13th to 15th centuries A.D. The best thing about these temples is that all of them are of famous Nagara style or design. It means that they are having Mandapa, entrance gate and a Garbhagriha.
Table of Contents [Quick Links]
- What Are the Historical Monuments of Champaner – Pavagadh Archaeological Park?
- Jaina and Hindu Architecture
- How to Choose Champaner-Pavagadh Archeological Park Tour Packages
- How to Reach Champaner- Pavagadh Archeological Park
- Timing to Visit the Park
- What Is the Entrance Fee for Champaner-Pavagadh?
- Tips for Tourists
What Are the Historical Monuments of Champaner – Pavagadh Archaeological Park?
When it comes to creating a list of top historical monuments at famous Champaner, it is found that there is a series of ancient fortresses. Some of the ancient forts can be found on the hill top while others can be seen on plains. Here one point should be remembered that the fortification is usually consisted of wide sandstones along with various intermediate bastions with attractive balconies. When you observe the existing condition of the historical ruins, you will notice that there are five Islamic mosques are still available in great condition. However, all of the mosques come with certain historical significances but Jama Masjid is considered something outstanding. This mosque is situated only 50 east of the famous royal enclosure. This sacred structure depicts the fine blend of Muslim and Hindu architecture, basically in the grand mosque or also called Jama Masjid. It can easily be observed that the grand mosque was taken as an example when it comes to constructing rest of mosques in the area. The great architecture, religious values and social harmony can be witnessed through these sacred structures.
Jaina and Hindu Architecture
Champaner and Pavagadh archaeological park is famous for its Jaina and Hindu temples, military structure, agriculture base and special water retaining systems. These structures were developed at the regional capital of the then king Mehmud Begda of 16th century. These temples and other structures are the fine example of blended Indian culture, architecture and tradition.
How to Choose Champaner-Pavagadh Archeological Park Tour Packages
When it comes to visiting Gujarat, you can easily find out lots of tour and travel packages for Gujarat. Since there are lots of travel plans for Gujarat available, you may get confused on recognizing a right option. Thus, you are highly advised that you should look for travel plan designed for Champaner – Pavagadh archeological park. For this, you need to consider stated below tips on how to choose travel package for Champaner-Pavagadh archeological park in Baroda, Gujarat.
- First, you are advised to do research about the available travel packages or plans for Gujarat.
- You should not forget determining your budget and touring requirements.
- It is better if you do adequate research about top tour and travel companies online.
- Before grabbing the finalized buying deal, you should first go through the ins and outs of a travel plan or package.
- Before leaving your home, you should not forget knowing about the budget hotels in Gujarat.
- It is better if you can grab adequate information about the transportation in the state.
How to Reach Champaner- Pavagadh Archeological Park
Whether you are an international or domestic visitor, you must first want to learn how to reach towards a desired location. Since Gujarat is considered among the most developed states in India, visitors or tourists can easily find out desired transportation to reach there.
International visitors or tourists can easily grab direct flight from Delhi to Gujarat. Baroda airport is the nearest airport to reach at Champaner.
Champaner Pavagadh is highly connected with Indian railway network. The nearest railway station is the Champaner and Pavagadh railway station. Domestic visitors can easily find out direct train to Baroda. From the Baroda, tourists can easily find out a train going to a local station. International visitors may choose a direct train from Delhi to Baroda district in Gujarat.
All the cities, towns and villages in Gujarat are well connected with each other via roads. Visitors can easily find out government-run and private-run buses, cars and taxis to reach at Champaner and Pavagarh archaeological park in Baroda, Gujarat.
Timing to Visit the Park
Tourists can visit the park from sunrise to sunset i.e. from 9 AM to 5 PM.
What Is the Entrance Fee for Champaner-Pavagadh?
- Indian people as well as tourists of SAARC and BIMSTEC countries such as Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Thailand, and Myanmar need to pay INR 30 per individual.
- Visitors from USA, UK and other European countries need to pay INR 500 per individual.
- Children below 15 years of age needn’t to pay entrance fee.
Tips for Tourists
- If you want to make your journey a memorable one, you should not forget going through a medical or health checkup.
- In case of being an international tourist, you should not forget grabbing required documents such as Visa, etc.
- If you are going to explore the beauty of Champaner- Pavagadh archeological park first time, you should not forget availing services of a professional tourist guide.
- Do not forget knowing about the communication facilities such as mobile phone, internet, etc.